The Bartlesville Kiwanis Christmas Parade has been postponed until Saturday, December 14th, 2013, due to the extreme low single digit temperatures and windy conditions that have been forecast-ed. Weather related safety considerations for both the parade participants and the spectators is the prime factor for the decision.
The timing schedule for the parade will remain the same with float/entry line-up beginning at 2:00 PM in the Phillips 66 parking lot (allow time for for traffic back-up); with Judging beginning at 4:00 PM; participants must be in line by 4:45 PM. The parade will start promptly at 5:30 PM. The long range weather forecast for next weekend is (as of today) 40 degree high and a low of 24 degrees with a 30% probability of freezing rain/sleet (once again not ideal conditions for a parade).
The postponement date was decided by the Kiwanis Parade Committee. Weare aware that the new date conflicts with the already scheduled Dewey Christmas Parade and the re-scheduled Nowata Parade which is unfortunate.
- Club Meetings: Pat Gamble
- Community Services: Roberta Mages
- Sooner Junior Operations: Jim Welch
- Freedom Fest: Sharon Hurst and Jim Welch
- Fund Raising: Jim Swezey
- Human & Spiritual Values: Mikeal Long
- Membership Growth & Education: Rachelle Wilson
- PR & Communications: Charles Moll
- Service Leaders Programs: Mike Dronyk
- Young Children Priority 1: Rajean Stelfox
- Youth Services: Cheryl Carrington
- Key Club Sponsor: Debbie Thoreson
- Accompanist: Don Cone
- Board Meetings at 5:45 on the second Monday of the month.
- Arvest Bank - Colonial branch, 2651 SE Washington Blvd
Meeting location: Bartlesville Community Center
Lunch: 11:40 to 12:05
Meeting: 12:05pm - 1:00
414 SE Washington Blvd. PMB 199
Bartlesville, OK 74006
- President: Mike Dronyk
- President-elect: Carter Davis
- Vice-President: Carter Davis
- Secretary: Roberta Mages
- Treasurer: Sharon Hurst
- Past-President: Waymond White
- Lt. Governor Div 25: Harvey Fields
- T-O Governor: Bill Rauhauser
- KI President: Gunter Gasser